Assisted Living Residence Checklist
It’s important to be prepared with an assisted living residence checklist when finding care for your loved one. Below is a list of questions for you to consider and that we would be happy to discuss with you to ensure we care for your loved one according to their needs. Click here to contact us today and allow Senior Care Carolinas help you care for your family.
Questions to Ask When you Call or Visit
- What is your staff-to-resident ratio?
- What kind of experience and training does your staff possess?
- How many staffers are on duty overnight?
- Can staff administer medications?
- Do you have a nurse on staff 24/7?
- Do you have any experience with (issues or diagnosis of your care recipient)?
- Do you do an initial assessment prior to admission?
- What types of apartments are available?
- What is the monthly cost per apartment type?
- If there is a wait list, how many are on it and what is the policy?
- Tell me about some of the current residents.
- Do you have any outdoor space?
- What is your discharge policy?
- What additional services are available if the needs of a resident change?
- What are your billing and payment policies?
- Are all services included in the monthly fee? If not, what and how much are additional services?
Source: aplaceformom.com; October 9, 2014